Thursday, May 16, 2013

RVing Again

Hubby drove about 400 miles yesterday and almost 500 miles today.  I don't know how he does it.  But we are here in Upper Michigan for the Class B RV Rally.  While Hubby was driving I multitasked.  I am so behind in reading my magazine subscriptions.  Determined to catch up I packed all my unread "Better Homes and Garden" magazines from last year and this year.  I read quite a few on the way from Pennsylvania to Upper Michigan yesterday and today.

I'm crocheting in the van too.  I bought along lots of cotton yarns from my stash and crochet supplies to make the hexagons for my pin cushions.  I was happy to find some jumbo markers in my supplies that clip close.  I was so tired of the open ones that would work their way loose as I crocheted around the hexagon.

Where we are camped was at one time an army base that housed the military in trailers.  The old concrete pads and hook ups are still here.  No cable, no WiFi and the one bathroom I saw I wouldn't use.   No problem though...luckily we have a shower in our van albeit a tiny one.   

The rally starts tomorrow officially and runs to Sunday morning.   We joined the pot luck dinner tonight in the rally tent and now we are back in our van for the evening. 

Guess we will watch a DVD tonight.  Have a good night!

Has this happened to you....

3 comments:

  1. Wow, that's a lot of miles for one driver. I would get tired and my knees so stiff!!! lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. YES! My mother has definitely come out of my mouth. Ha-ha-ha! Sorry I had you mixed up with somebody else the other day. There are several Sandy's that read my blog and I talk to regularly. I always think it's you when I see the name Sandy. No telling what I've said thinking it was you! Have a great time!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Have a great trip Sandy I also hear my mother coming out of my mouth.

    ReplyDelete