Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Red Alert !


Yesterday I took down my tan and white Cabin Check Country Curtains valances and hung up my new RED Buffalo Check valances.



This is a different style (i.e., pleated scalloped vs. Austrian valance) and it's nice to have a change.   I still have to fan these out correctly.

 I usually switch out my valances every six months putting the lighter colored ones up for spring and summer and my burgundy ones for fall and winter.



These are labeled as RED but the color is closer to burgundy. 

 It's more of a dark red than a bright red.



Our new Lazy Boy chairs are being delivered tomorrow. 

 That's when I will know if the new valances go with the new furniture.



We should have more room in our family room after the old huge five piece modular unit is taken away which included a two seat double bed sleeper sofa, two recliners, a huge corner seat and an armless chair. 

 The five piece modular unit was really bought for our previous home where we had a long and narrow family room. 

 In its place we will have four chairs only and no sofa.



My Rainbow Scrap afghan is coming along. 

Sorry this photo is burry - it's dark out today.

But it shows the color sections for you to see.  

The two sections to the left are the ones I added more shades of yarn to each color section.

 I've just finished working up another red shade section (the 4th one) and will start on another section of the oranges and yellows.



- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

9 comments:

  1. Scrap afghan is looking great. I bet it will be very cosy.
    The new valances are great, hope you like your Lazy Boys when they arrive.
    Carol xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Sandy,
    Awww. I love your new Country Curtains! They look wonderful. I ordered my samples on Sept. 6 and still have not received them, I'm hoping they will be in the mail tonight when I get home from work (fingers crossed).
    Yeah :) how thrilled you must be, to be receiving you lazy boys tomorrow. I can't wait to see them. I think you should post a photo of you kicking back in your comfy chair crocheting.
    Sending love and hugs, Elizabeth

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your new valances. That's one of my favorite colors. Can't wait to see the new chairs! And your afghan looks gorgeous!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have to admit I much prefer your burgundy valances to the tan ones. They make your room look much more warm and inviting. Looking forward to seeing your new chairs and settees :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well, red is my favorite color, so I love it! :D Nice change!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very Nice! I need to make a valance / swag for our new bathroom. But I haven't made any before. I'm new to sewing.

    susan

    ReplyDelete
  7. Apparently I am super patriotic! Love the valance and colorful crochet.

    ReplyDelete
  8. You did AWESOME on your new header. The best part is that you can change it out seasonally. I am so glad the Tutorial helped. Thanks for the follow, I followed back!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love you new check curtains. very perky and fresh!

    ReplyDelete