Friday, August 31, 2012

Picking Up An Old Friend Again...


Remember me?


I ran low on yarn while working on this project (Rainbow Scrap Afghan) and had put it aside.



But yesterday I gathered it together to work on it again. 

 This is the back of the throw. 

 It has a beautiful texture all on its own.



I love the feel of this throw - it's so soft and surprisingly light-weight...so far.

It's worked in single crochet (front and back loops) with long treble crochet stitches thrown in for the pop effect.  

You can find this pattern in an Annie's Attic Crochet booklet (#879548) entitled, "scrap crochet" - the designer is Glenda Winkeman.  

I'm out of some of the green and blue shades and low on others so I will have to decide to go forward with the colors I have remaining or try to find the yarn. 

 Finding the yarn may prove to be difficult since I didn't write down or save the yarn labels. 

 Duh...will I never learn.

Wish me luck!




- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

9 comments:

  1. This is going to be a beautiful afghan!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This stitch looks a little complicated to me. But I do love the pattern, and I remember Annie's Attic! (I actually watched the RNC last night, I was embarrassed for Clint Eastwood) xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. That afgahn is going to look gorgeous once its finished.

    Have a great weekend x

    Ruby x
    PS I'm on the other side of the pond, but why was Clint Eastwood addressing an empty chair? I though only us Brits were eccentric lol

    ReplyDelete
  4. Totalmente enamorada de este diseño y si no te enojas me encantaría sacarlo, el punto parece sencillo y los colores magníficos, seguro que para el próximo invierno lo tendré en cuenta, mucha suerte!!! ☺ no dudo que te va a quedar hermoso besitos.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Muito lindo.
    Que colorido lindo.
    Que combinação mais linda.
    Parabéns.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hope you can trace the yarn, beautiful rainbow blanket.
    Have a lovely weekend.
    Carol xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. I like what you've done so far... you'll just have to carry it with you to the store and hopefully match up what you have...
    Can't wait to see it finished.
    Pat

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful afghan and colors! It's going to be gorgeous when you finish it!

    Blessings - Julie

    ReplyDelete
  9. Pretty blanket, good luck finding the yarn you need. Heather

    ReplyDelete