Sunday, May 1, 2011

Mosaic Monday - Ode to Turquoise

Images Courtesy of Flickr
1. turquoise-room, 2. turquoise-living-room-lulupainting, 3. Turquoise Room, Gillman Village, 4. Eclectic Great Room with Antiques, 5. Turquoise Living Room, 6. Turquoise Living Room, 7. DSC05775 SF Decorator Showcase Teenage Daughter's Room by Pamela Weiss, 8. Turquoise & Gray, 9. Grandiflora- Everyday 2010

You know I love RED and Blue just by reading my blog.

  But I've been surfing over at Erin's House of Turquoise blog (here) forever and I am falling in LOVE with turquoise.   Aren't these just lovely rooms of turquoise?  I love #1! 

The closest color I have to turquoise is our guest bathroom upstairs where the walls are painted in BM's Emerald Vapor which I have blogged about (here) and (here).

I'm itching to paint my kitchen cabinets ~ I'm so tired of the wooden oak look ~ been there, done that in  all three of my homes.  I thought I could try just painting the kitchen island first in either a blue, blue gray or even turquoise.  If I don't like it I can always re-paint it in white.

Before I tackle that project I have an old wooden office chair that I want to strip and paint.  Start simple..that would really pop in turquoise or white. 

Are you a lover of turquoise?  


Please join Mary at The Little Red House (here) for more Mosaic Monday!

14 comments:

  1. I do love turquoise and came close to doing my bedroom that color, sorry I didn't. I love #1 also. Will you get to powerwash today? :-) xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love turquoise. It makes the ordinary unordinary!!!! ;D ;D ;D

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's a gorgeous color... to me it shouts summer!. ::Jill

    ReplyDelete
  4. I also love turquoise and your mosaic makes me smile! Thank!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fabulous mosaic! I also like Erins blog very much!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Have missed visiting! Your colors are grand and the pictures are so welcoming! Have a grand week! Cathy

    ReplyDelete
  7. I do love turquoise and what a beautiful mosaic you have ceated!

    ReplyDelete
  8. No, I don't love it, but I do like it. I have a table that was painted turquoise by my grandmother. I was going to paint over it, but my daughter had a fit. Your selection of rooms is wonderful and makes a great mosaic.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Turquoise is a colour I too have been thinking about. I'm not sure how I would use it, most likey for some accent pieces. Your collage gives lots of ideas.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love the look. I'm just not brave enough to use it! I'd love to see what you do with it.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful mosaic. I love turquoise. Thanks for sharing, Karie

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh most definitely I am a lover of Turquoise, bold Southwestern favored color that it is! My Dad was Native American and it is a color favored by many Tribes and especially in their Artistic creations.

    Blessings from the Arizona Desert... Dawn... The Bohemian

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thank you for this lovely mosaic. I am a turquoise addict and can't wait to paint my dining room/craft room in it, I just haven't found the perfect shade yet. I have just found your blog and can't believe I didn't find it sooner, it's lovely. I will be visiting often. Rachael Xx

    ReplyDelete