Sunday, February 21, 2010

My First Heart!


This is my first crocheted heart!  I just love it and am so proud of myself for changing colors too.  The pattern is from the wonderfully talented Michelle's blog "The Royal Sisters."  I used her Grandma Hearts tutorial posted there to make the heart this morning with Sugar n' Cream cotton yarn and an F hook.  Michelle's tutorial included great photos with the instructions printed right on the photo.  So easy to follow for a beginner like me.  Michelle has also posted Grandma tutorials for 1) "Tree"; 2) "All Round"; and 3) "Twinkle" (star).  I'm looking forward to trying these tutorials too.    

  
From my Heart to Yours!

9 comments:

  1. Hi Sandy! LOVE this heart! Too cute! You gals who do stuff like this amaze me!! I am creative but in a different way!!

    Hope you have a delightful week, sweetie!
    Love n hugs,
    Becky

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well done Sandy. It's wonderful to keep learning new things that work out how we want

    ReplyDelete
  3. How clever. It doesn't look like it was done by a beginner. I must go and have a look then when i learn hoe to crochet I'll have some tutorials to do.
    Thanks for your good wishes. The next year is off to a great start.
    Cheers
    Helen

    ReplyDelete
  4. hi Sandy--

    cute heart. Is this something that is part of a bigger pattern, like a bedspread, washcloth, or something? Or is it just a decorative applique?

    Curious how you could incorporate it into a special treasure -- say a newborns blankie? or a newlywed's snuggle blanket...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well done, very cool pattern. I will have to go find some red/white yarn. I'm sure I have some around here somewhere....

    Happy Sunday
    Kate - The Garden Bell - <3 <3 <3

    ReplyDelete
  6. I saw your blog title on Becky's blog and had to stop by and say HI. I am a huge tea person and love tea cups.

    You did a great job on this...I'm not very good at that type of thing.

    ReplyDelete
  7. great job! the little heart looks so cheery!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Well done!!!
    Your heart is perfect...
    and thank you so much for your lovely post...
    I can see you whipping up may a grandma tutorial...
    Most find the heart the hardest so I can see the other tutorials begin very quick and easy for you...
    Thanks for your sweet comment and letting me know about your blog...Regards...Michelle...

    ReplyDelete